September 2016 Start UpDear Tuck Families,
The first day of school is rapidly approaching. The FDK Team has been very busy in preparation for a wonderful start for our young learners.
Due to a surge in new FDK registrations, we have generated a fifth kindergarten class for 2016-2017. We have had the good fortune to hire Ms. Alycia Curry to teach our fifth FDK class. Ms. Curry has a great deal of experience working with the Tuck community and our kindergarten students … she is a wonderful addition to our FDK Team! We are awaiting news regarding our Early Child Educators (E.C.E.) for KF-4 and KF-5. We will update you as soon as we have further information to share.
KF-1: Mrs. Allen and Mrs. Medeiros (Rm 108)
KF-2: Mrs. Hill and Mrs. Benendik (Rm 107)
KF-3: Mrs. Zawacki and Ms. Weeks (Rm 106)
KF-4: Ms. Ewaschuk and E.C.E. TBD (Rm 105)
KF-5: Ms. Curry and E.C.E. TBD (Rm 218)
As you know, there has been a change to our start-up procedures. As such, all JK and SK students will begin together on .
Opening Day Procedures:
• Kindergarten students will line-up outside their FDK entry doors.
• There will be signs posted for each class.
• All FDK teaching teams will be there to welcome our youngsters.
• This will be your child’s line-up location at entry times for the year.
• Parents are welcome to join us on the blacktop to bid farewell and good luck.
• We ask that parents stand away from the class lines so that students get used to lining up in an independent and organized way.
• The teachers will lead the students into the school once everyone is organized.
Please check your email inbox for a message sent to each family that shares your child's Teacher's name.
We look forward to a wonderful year of growing and learning together!